Understand Your Shoulder Problems
Shoulders joint is a ball and socket joint type of joint. Humeral head forms the ball and glenoid forms the socket. The joint is covered by thin layer called Capsule & Group of muscles called Rotator Cuff. These muscles are important for smooth movements of shoulder joint. Shoulder pain occurs from any of these structures.
- Occurs due to inflammation & Shrinking of joint capsule.
- It causes paint and stiffness.
- Occurs mainly middle aged people and diabetics.
- Most cases are treated with Physiotherapy.
- Severe cases are treated with Key hole surgery.
- Occurs When The Ball (Humeral Head) comes out of socket (Glenoid).
- Causes severe pain and inability to move shoulder.
- May occur due to accidents, falls, epilepsy, etc.
- Occasionally due insufficient treatment patients may develop recurrent dislocation.
- Majority of cases with recurrent dislocation are successfully treated with Key hole surgery.
Rotator Cuff Problems:
- It Involves damage of the rotator cuff due to aging, or accident and falls.
- Causes severe pain and lack of strength to lift arm.
- Majority of cases are treated by physiotherapy.
- Large tears require Key Hole Surgery.